Mastering Art of French Cooking Book
“Anyone can cook in the French manner anywhere,” wrote Mesdames Beck, Bertholle, and Child, “with the right instruction.” And here is the book that, for more than forty years, has been teaching Americans how.
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is for both seasoned cooks and beginners who love good food and long to reproduce at home the savory delights of the classic cuisine, from the historic Gallic masterpieces to the seemingly artless perfection of a dish of spring-green peas. This beautiful book, with more than 100 instructive illustrations, is revolutionary in its approach because:
• it leads the cook infallibly from the buying and handling of raw ingredients, through each essential step of a recipe, to the final creation of a delicate confection;
• it breaks down the classic cuisine into a logical sequence of themes and variations rather than presenting an endless and diffuse catalogue of recipes; the focus is on key recipes that form the backbone of French cookery and lend themselves to an infinite number of elaborations—bound to increase anyone’s culinary repertoire;
• it adapts classical techniques, wherever possible, to modern American conveniences;
• it shows Americans how to buy products, from any supermarket in the United States, that reproduce the exact taste and texture of the French ingredients, for example, equivalent meat cuts, the right beans for a cassoulet, or the appropriate fish and seafood for a bouillabaisse;
• it offers suggestions for just the right accompaniment to each dish, including proper wines.
Since there has never been a book as instructive and as workable as Mastering the Art of French Cooking, the techniques learned here can be applied to recipes in all other French cookbooks, making them infinitely more usable. In compiling the secrets of famous cordons bleus, the authors have produced a magnificent volume that is sure to find the place of honor in every kitchen in America. Bon appétit!
- If you’d like to return your online order for store credit we will provide a prepaid shipping label. The return will be processed once it arrives at our warehouse, and you’ll receive two emails: one confirming your return and one with your store credit information.
- If you’d like to return your online order for a refund we will provide a shipping label and deduct the shipping fee from your refund. The return will be processed once it arrives at our warehouse, and you’ll receive an email confirmation. The refund should take about 3-5 business days to show on your bank account.
Items purchased in store can be returned within 10 days of purchase. In store purchases will only be refunded store credit.
Sale items are FINAL SALE and cannot be returned or exchanged. This does not include items on sale for promotional events.
We can only offer refunds for unwashed and unworn items with original invoice. For swimwear, the liner must be in the original condition. Items that don't meet these requirements will not be accepted and no refund will be issued.
If you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com